ModeFace to face
Support a system-wide approach to numeracy improvement.
The Numeracy Master Trainers program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and disposition you need to facilitate Numeracy Local Leaders.
As a master trainer, you will support a system-wide approach to numeracy professional learning that builds capacity and advances teaching and learning to improve student outcomes.
Master trainers are key to unlocking the potential of the system to deliver ambitious improvements to numeracy in Victoria. You will have a deep understanding of effective numeracy practice and relevant department frameworks, and a demonstrated commitment to leading numeracy improvement in your school.
Designed for Victorian government system leaders (EILs, DSSI, SAMs, PLC Manager etc), teacher leaders, learning specialists and/or leading teachers who have a passion and significant experience in numeracy practice.
Over 3 months, you are expected to engage and contribute to:
- synchronous learning (approximately 30 hours) including:
- 6 workshop days focused on the pedagogical knowledge, and leadership skills and dispositions required to facilitate Numeracy Local Leaders
- 3 optional coaching workshops
- self-paced learning and planning (approximately 18 hours)
There will be 2 forums offered throughout the year to support you to network, collaborate and share best practice with other master trainers.
Master trainers will also commit to delivering at least 1 intake of the Numeracy Local Leaders program in 2023. Each intake comprises 6 workshop days.
You will gain the knowledge and understanding to facilitate Numeracy Local Leaders, and:
- influence explicit, high impact numeracy teaching
- reflect on existing instructional practices for numeracy
- use adaptive expertise to lead complex challenges in school settings
- develop and implement instructional plans that improve teaching and enhance student learning and achievement
- provide ongoing feedback, assessment of understanding and skill acquisition to local leaders
- structure rigorous inquiry into content, design and impact within different contexts
- ensure professional learning designed to improve teaching and learning
- build strong connections within a network education professionals to learn, discuss and collaborate to implement numeracy improvement approaches
- develop your facilitation and coaching skills
- refine your leadership skills and grow your status as an expert in your area
- support your career development
- make a systemic impact and improve learning outcomes in numeracy.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.
Government school participants can claim CRT funding for the training and delivery components of their role.
Travel and accommodation subsidies are available for eligible schools.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
Acceptance in Numeracy Master Trainers is dependent on a selection process.
You will need to create an account in Award Force - the platform the Academy uses to manage applications - to progress your application and address the key selection criteria.
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be required to attend a short interview (approx. 15 minutes). Appointments will be confirmed once interviews are completed.
- Expression of interest