ModeFace to face
Support a system-wide approach to numeracy improvement.
The Numeracy Master Trainers program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and disposition you need to facilitate Numeracy Local Leaders.
As a master trainer, you will support a system-wide approach to numeracy professional learning that builds capacity and advances teaching and learning to improve student outcomes.
Master trainers are key to unlocking the potential of the system to deliver ambitious improvements to numeracy in Victoria. You will have a deep understanding of effective numeracy practice and relevant department frameworks, and a demonstrated commitment to leading numeracy improvement in your school.
Designed for Victorian government system leaders (EILs, DSSI, SAMs, PLC Manager etc), teacher leaders, learning specialists and/or leading teachers who have a passion and significant experience in numeracy practice.
Over 3 months, you will engage and contribute to:
- 6 face-to-face workshop days (36 hours)
- self-paced learning (approximately 18 hours)
- delivery of one Local Leader intake
- 3 optional virtual group coaching workshops (approximately 3 hours)
- research and evidence based applied learning project (approximately 6 hours)
- two biannual workshops (approximately 6 hours)
You will gain the knowledge and understanding to:
- facilitate and deliver professional learning designed to improve teaching and learning to local leaders
- influence teaching and learning practices at the system level using research informed, high impact numeracy approaches
- critically reflect on existing instructional practices for numeracy
- use adaptive expertise to lead complex challenges in school and educational settings
- support local leaders to design and develop instructional plans that improve teaching and enhance student learning and achievement
- provide ongoing feedback, assessment of understanding and skill acquisition to local leaders
- promote rigorous inquiry into content, design and impact within different contexts.
- build strong connections within a network education professionals to learn, discuss and collaborate to implement numeracy improvement approaches
- develop your facilitation and coaching skills
- grow and refine your leadership skills and grow your status as an expert in your area
- make a system level impact to improve learning outcomes in numeracy in Victoria.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.
Government school participants can claim CRT funding for the training and delivery components of their role. Travel and accommodation subsidies are available for eligible schools.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
Acceptance in Numeracy Master Trainers is dependent on a selection process.
If successfully shortlisted, you will be required to attend a short interview (approx. 15 minutes) to ensure suitability for Numeracy Master Trainers. As part of the application process, you will need to create an account in Award Force. This platform is used to manage and progress applications.