Duration7 months & 6 workshops
ModeFace to face Online
Extend your professional connections while developing literacy instruction in your local school network.
This course is delivered in each local area by the Academy’s literacy master trainers.
The course is a perfect introduction and springboard to Leading Literacy.
Designed for Victorian Government school teachers and literacy leaders, from a Foundation to Year 8 context, who would like to expand their knowledge and experience of literacy instruction.
School service support staff and visiting teachers can also apply, however, we recommend applying with colleagues from a school you work with to enhance the impact of the course.
You will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- research on how people become literate and the evidence-based pedagogical practices for teaching the many different areas of literacy
- content knowledge in the areas of reading, writing, vocabulary, spelling, speaking and listening, and formative assessment
- strategies and practices that develop self-empowered literacy learners
- literacy practices that demonstrate HITS in action
- features of high-quality professional learning and development and how it relates to the Annual Implementation Plan process.
You will develop the skills to:
- reflect on existing instructional practices for literacy
- implement new instructional practices that enhance students’ empowerment in their own learning and achievements
- learn from peers in a community of Local Literacy Leaders
- build strong connections within your network to learn, discuss and collaborate
- facilitate and evaluate professional learning designed to improve teaching and learning
- influence explicit and high-impact literacy teaching
- build connections with your network to implement literacy improvement approaches.