FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn to implement annual and strategic plans that address your students’ and communities’ health, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
Leading School Improvement supports you to drive improvement consistently through your school.
You will learn how to be strategic, flexible and agile when implementing short-, medium- and long-term changes in line with your School Strategic Plan.
Designed for Victorian government school principals, who have the option to invite a second participant such as:
- an assistant principal
- an education improvement leader (EIL)
- a senior education improvement leader (SEIL).
Developed and delivered by Vic Zbar (Zbar Consulting).
Vic has extensive consultancy and project management experience and is recognised internationally for his writing on education and a range of education reports.
Prior to the establishment of Zbar Consulting, Vic was the assistant director of human resources at the Victorian Department of Education and Training, having earlier been principal adviser to the chief executive.
He is a widely published author in both education and management and co-wrote Driving School Improvement: Practical Strategies and Tools (2nd Edition) with Pamela Macklin in 2020.
Leading School Improvement is delivered online.
Over 4.5 months, you will engage with and contribute to:
- 5 online workshops (15 hours)
- 4 individual online coaching sessions (4 hours)
- self-directed learning tasks (10–15 hours)
- optional school improvement thought leadership webinars (1–2 hours each).
You will gain the skills to:
- identify the central role of leadership in school improvement
- diagnose the stage of development of your school
- determine the appropriate strategies to move the school to the next stage of its Annual Implementation Plan (AIP)
- apply processes that engage staff and other stakeholders to engender their trust and support
- increase awareness of your own leadership strengths and weaknesses to develop a personal leadership improvement plan.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school principals.