Duration2 workshops and 2 group sessions
ModeFace to face Online
Build trust, solve complex problems and improve outcomes
Leading Quality Conversations is designed to develop the high-level communication skillset required by educational leaders that will enhance their interpersonal effectiveness, collaboration and problem solving capabilities, while building trust with peers.
The program aims to enhance the quality of school leadership, improve student outcomes and contribute to whole school improvement.
Throughout the program, participants will have the opportunity to workshop their skills and embed them in small group coaching sessions.
Designed for principals, assistant principals and other leaders in Victorian government schools.
Dr Jacqui Patuawa and her team at Evaluation Associates will train master facilitators who will lead this program.
Master facilitators of this program are experienced school and system leaders. They include principals in residence and regional managers.
Over 20 hours, participants will undertake:
- 2-day workshop delivered face to face by experienced facilitators (held on 2 consecutive days).
- Practice of techniques learnt in the workshop
- 2 x 1.5 hour small group online coaching sessions - where case studies will be analysed and workshopped.
Coaching session 1 will occur 3 weeks after the workshop.
Coaching session 2 will occur 3 weeks after the first coaching session.
The Leading Quality Conversations program will develop high level communication skills required by Principals and Assistant Principals to:
- lead strategic discussions with support staff, teachers and senior staff, to establish and maintain effective school environments and processes for continuous improvement in student outcomes
- resolve complex student and staff wellbeing issues
- build and maintain collaborative and trusting relationships with members of the school and broader community.
Leading Quality Conversations will also support participants in developing their emotional intelligence.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.