FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Be empowered to identify and build the leadership capacity of emergent leaders in your local area.
The Inspire: Facilitator Training program is an opportunity to support emerging leaders in your local area by delivering Inspire: Local Leaders.
As an inspire facilitator you will play a pivotal role in shaping the mindsets and behaviours of future school leaders and inspiring the next generation of educational leaders.
You will also extend yourself as a leader of professional learning while giving back to your local school community and the system.
- school-based principal class officers
- system leaders from central and regional locations with previous school leadership experience.
Inspire: Facilitator Training is co-designed with the University of New England (UNE). Inspire: Facilitator Training is delivered by UNE’s School of Education staff including Sue Gregory, Jenny Charteris, and Joanne Anderson.
You will engage and contribute to:
- face-to-face workshops (2 days)
- online workshops (two 3-hour sessions)
Note: dates for the online workshops will be scheduled once the program commences.
You will deliver 1 intake of Inspire: Local Leaders. Over 5 months you will need to commit to:
- collaborative planning sessions (3 hours)
- self-paced planning and exploration of program content (2 hours)
- facilitating synchronous learning sessions (approximately 20 hours).
You will develop the skills to:
- confidently use relevant resources, tools and information to deliver the Inspire: Local Leaders program
- articulate the Inspire: Local Leaders program, including the aim, structure, course requirements and learning tasks
- understand and utilise the Inspire Facilitator Trainer program supports, expectations, and delivery parameters
- build and maintain relationships with principal class leaders that inspire and support you to achieve and sustain program delivery.
- use personal reflection and professional discussion to better understand and extended your leadership and facilitation skills.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school participants.
Travel and accommodation subsidies are also available for eligible schools.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
Acceptance into the Inspire: Facilitator Training program is dependent on a selection process and endorsement from your Senior Education Improvement Leader.
You will need to create an account in Award Force - the platform the Academy uses to manage applications - to progress your application and address the key selection criteria.
Successful applicants will be allocated an area-based facilitator triad to deliver Inspire: Local Leaders in your area in consultation with regional managers.
Note: you will need to apply against the intake that reflects your region, either (NEVR and SEVR) or (NWVR and SWVR).