Be empowered to identify and build the leadership capacity of emerging leaders in your local area.
The Inspire: Facilitator Training program is an opportunity to support emerging leaders in your local area by delivering Inspire: Local Leaders.
As an Inspire Facilitator, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the mindsets and behaviours of future school leaders, and inspiring the next generation of educational leaders.
You will also extend yourself as a leader of professional learning and an effective learning facilitator, while giving back to your network and the system.
Designed for Victorian government:
- school-based principal class officers
- system leaders from central and regional locations, with previous school leadership experience.
Inspire: Facilitator Training is delivered by Academy expert facilitators, including Principals in Residence and Academy staff with school leadership experience.
You will engage and contribute to:
- face-to-face workshops (2 days)
- online workshops (three 3-hour sessions)
Note: dates for the online workshops will be scheduled when the program starts.
You will deliver one intake of Inspire: Local Leaders. Over 5 months you will need to commit to:
- collaborative planning sessions (3 hours)
- self-paced planning and exploration of program content (2 hours)
- facilitating synchronous learning sessions (approximately 20 hours).
You will develop the skills to:
- confidently use relevant resources, tools and information to deliver the Inspire: Local Leaders program
- articulate the Inspire: Local Leaders program, including the aim, structure, course requirements and learning tasks
- understand and utilise the Inspire: Facilitator Trainer program supports, expectations, and delivery parameters
- build and maintain relationships with principal class leaders that inspire and support you to achieve and sustain program delivery
- use personal reflection and professional discussion to better understand and extend your leadership and facilitation skills.
- Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.
- Travel, replacement and accommodation subsidies are also available for eligible school-based facilitators.
- See Fees and financial support for more information.
Acceptance into the Inspire: Facilitator Training program is dependent on a selection process and endorsement from your Senior Education Improvement Leader.
You will need to create an account in Award Force (the platform the Academy uses to manage applications) to progress your application and address the key selection criteria.
Successful applicants will be allocated an area-based facilitator triad to deliver Inspire: Local Leaders in your Department of Education Area.