Develop your capabilities as a transformative emerging leader.
Great school leaders have a significant positive effect on the teaching and learning environment.
This program develops, challenges and supports you to build strategies to improve your effectiveness as a school leader now and in the future.
Impact: Emerging Leaders assists you to develop higher levels of proficiency in data-driven decision-making, emotional intelligence, collegial engagement, excellence and equity in student learning, student voice and collaborative change.
You are supported to use these skills to create and implement a project in your school that will make a visible difference to the effectiveness of student learning and to your professional growth.
Designed for Victorian government teachers who have recently commenced or are about to commence a formal or informal leadership role.
Please note this program is not suitable for the following roles:
- learning specialists with more than 6 months’ experience
- teachers who have completed learning specialist professional learning through the department
- teacher leaders.
If you are in one of these roles, please apply for Create: Middle Leaders program.
Over 7 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- online workshops (2 hours of orientation and four 3.5-hour workshops)
- face-to-face workshops (1 full day and a 5-hour expo)
- pre and post-workshop activities, and self-directed learning (approx. 18 hours)
- online cluster group meetings (four 1-hour sessions)
- a priority improvement project (approx. 3 hours).
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of how to:
- track your leadership development
- measure your progress
- develop an improvement action plan aligned to your school’s improvement priorities.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- make decisions informed by research and data
- integrate emotional intelligence into planning and action
- influence colleagues to engage with improvements in practice
- maintain a clear focus on the effectiveness of student learning by supporting excellence and equity
- activate student voice in decision making about learning and wellbeing
- build collective efficacy as you lead change.
The program fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education.
Co-contribution: $800 (excl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.