Develop your capabilities as a transformative emerging leader.
Great school leaders have a significant positive effect on the teaching and learning environment.
This program develops, challenges and supports you to build strategies to improve your effectiveness as a school leader now and in the future.
Impact: Emerging Leaders assists you to develop higher levels of proficiency in data-driven decision-making, emotional intelligence, collegial engagement, excellence and equity in student learning, student voice and collaborative change.
You are supported to use these skills to create and implement a project in your school that will make a visible difference to the effectiveness of student learning and to your professional growth.
Designed for Victorian government teachers who have recently commenced or are about to commence a formal or informal leadership role.
Please note this program is not suitable for the following roles:
- learning specialists with more than 6 months’ experience
- teachers who have completed learning specialist professional learning through the department
- teacher leaders.
If you are in one of these roles, please apply for Create: Middle Leaders program.
If you are from a non-government school and are interested in participating, please contact the program participant support team to discuss eligibility.
Developed by Education Changemakers and delivered by experienced facilitators Glenn Solomons and Kerrin Smith.
Over 7 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- online workshops (2 hours of orientation and four 3.5-hour workshops)
- face-to-face workshops (1 full day and a 5-hour expo)
- pre and post-workshop activities, and self-directed learning (approx. 18 hours)
- online cluster group meetings (four 1-hour sessions)
- a priority improvement project (approx. 3 hours).
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of how to:
- track your leadership development
- measure your progress
- develop an improvement action plan aligned to your school’s improvement priorities.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- make decisions informed by research and data
- integrate emotional intelligence into planning and action
- influence colleagues to engage with improvements in practice
- maintain a clear focus on the effectiveness of student learning by supporting excellence and equity
- activate student voice in decision making about learning and wellbeing
- build collective efficacy as you lead change.
The program fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education.
Co-contribution: $880 (incl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
- View dates and apply