Discover the power of effective team coaching practice to drive school and system improvement within your network
Team Coaching for CoP Leaders equips principals, assistant principals, middle leaders and network leaders with a proven coaching model to implement in their Communities of Practice.
Dive deep into our GROWTH conversational framework and develop key skills to build your coaching competence and confidence. You will improve your capacity to implement solution-focused coaching strategies that underpin sustained improvement.
Leave feeling empowered to apply coaching techniques into your setting and make a difference.
Designed for Victorian government principals, assistant principals, middle leaders, network leaders and network executive members.
We encourage participants to attend in pairs across your CoP for greater impact and capability building.
Delivered in partnership with Growth Coaching International.
Facilitated by Lucy Carroll and Gray Ryan from Growth Coaching International, who are both highly experienced and accredited executive coaches.
Over six weeks, you will engage in and contribute to the following components:
- Self-directed learning activities through the Academy’s online learning system
- A 90-minute online introduction session providing an overview of the program's goals and evidence base
- Three half-day online workshops to build and practice coaching competencies
- Two one-hour follow-up sessions to monitor the development of coaching skills and capabilities
- A two-hour online shared practice session for participants to share examples of practice and impact stories, inspire each other, and build on the Communities of Practice approach.
You will learn how to:
- identify the elements of effective coaching practice
- build coaching competence and confidence through the use of the GROWTH conversational framework and key coaching skills
- adopt a coaching approach as a framework for working with school leaders and networks
- apply coaching conversations in real-life educational contexts
- empower teams with a practical approach to setting and achieving professional goals
- enhance team coaching effectiveness by developing trust, emotional intelligence and collaborative skills
- create sustainable team development through solution-focused strategies
- engage in reflective practice to build knowledge and expertise across Communities of Practice.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.
Acceptance into the Team Coaching for CoP Leaders program is subject to submission questions via the application process.