Become an internationally accredited coach.
Coach Accreditation is a unique and immersive learning experience. You will develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to leverage your teaching and leadership experience to coach and empower others to enhance student learning and school improvement initiatives.
You will be encouraged to take a strategic and adaptive approach to developing internal capability aligned to your school’s annual implementation plan.
The course develops your understanding of coaching to solve complex problems of practice within your school.
You will be awarded an internationally recognised coach accreditation credential if you successfully complete the course.
Designed for Victorian government school principals and assistant principals.
Delivered in partnership with Growth Coaching International.
All coaches are highly experienced, accredited executive coaches, possess significant educational leadership experience, and participate in regular reflective practice and professional update sessions.
This course is delivered online over 9 to 12 months and comprises of:
- online workshops (17 hours)
- paired practice (4 hours)
- small group coaching (6 hours)
- one-on-one coaching (4 hours)
- self-directed learning (41 hours)
- workplace practice (50 hours)
Workshops are delivered over six 2 or 3-hour sessions.
Using research informed practice in educational settings, you will explore:
- how to develop and hone the key skills of coaching using a conversational framework
- how to apply a ‘coaching way of being’ in an educational setting
- a coaching approach to feedback and performance conversations
- the coaching approach when working with teams
- how to lead a coaching culture in your school.
Throughout the program you and a peer will have the opportunity to practice coaching techniques learnt throughout the program and to test your ideas with one another.
Small group coaching
Group coaching will provide you with the opportunity to build competence, confidence, and networks in an intimate group setting.
Individual coaching is based on your needs and context and will support you to apply your learning in your school.
Self-directed learning activities in your own time include:
- watching video content
- contributing to discussion boards
- reflective journalling.
You will also be required to develop a portfolio of evidence and maintain a reflective journal to support practical coaching practice in the workplace.
You'll gain knowledge and understanding of how to:
- leverage your existing skills, knowledge and experience to lead a coaching culture
- identify the need, plan for and deliver coaching for learning
- adapt your coaching style to suit a variety of situations and achieve measurable outcomes through standardised coaching practices
- build school capability and capacity
- support a coaching culture that leads to a safe learning environment where students and teachers can achieve their best.
This program will support you to embed a coaching culture for learning impact, by intentionally shaping student learning and wellbeing outcomes through coaching initiatives.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government schools.