FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Become an internationally accredited coach.
Coach Accreditation is a unique and immersive learning experience. You will develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to leverage your teaching and leadership experience to coach and empower others to enhance student learning and school improvement initiatives.
You will be encouraged to take a strategic and adaptive approach to developing internal capability aligned to your school’s annual implementation plan.
The course develops your understanding of coaching to solve complex problems of practice within your school.
You will be awarded an internationally recognised coach accreditation credential if you successfully complete the course.
Designed for Victorian government school principals and assistant principals.
This course is delivered online over 6 months and comprises of:
- online workshops (26 hours)
- coaching circles (6 hours)
- one-on-one coaching (4 hours)
- self-directed learning (42 hours)
- workplace practice.
You will also be required to develop a portfolio of evidence and maintain a reflective journal to support practical coaching practice in the workplace.
You'll gain knowledge and understanding of how to:
- leverage your existing skills, knowledge and experience to lead a coaching culture
- identify the need, plan for and deliver coaching for learning
- adapt your coaching style to suit a variety of coaching situations and achieve measurable outcomes through standardised coaching practices
- build school capability and capacity
- support a coaching culture that leads to a safe learning environment where students and teachers can achieve their best.
This program will support you to embed a coaching culture for learning impact, by intentionally shaping student learning outcomes through coaching initiatives.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government schools.