FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Gain the technical knowledge you need to effectively manage your school's physical assets.
Bricks and Mortar focuses on equipping you with the knowledge and skills to take a strategic approach to asset management.
The workshop highlights the importance of effective day-to-day maintenance to ensure asset longevity.
You'll leave well-informed about specific issues including asbestos, occupational health and safety training requirements, essential safety measures and maintenance.
Bricks and Mortar is a workshop in the Strategic Management for School Leaders suite, which supports the Department of Education and Training's commitment to lifting the organisational performance of schools.
Designed for Victorian government school principals and assistant principals with responsibility for asset management.
Delivered by the Victorian School Building Authority, a team of Technical Leadership Coaches who are retired principals who now specialise in building and asset management.
Over half a day you’ll:
- explore preventative maintenance approaches to effectively manage your school's physical assets
- discuss a range of initiatives and policies
- examine key risks such as asbestos, essential safety measures and occupational health and safety.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
- the basics for school cleaning
- policies such as Occupational Health and Safety, Community Joint User Agreements and School Facilities Entitlement
- new initiatives aimed at supporting schools manage and maintain their facilities including:
- Rolling Facilities Evaluation
- Condition Assessment reporting
- School Maintenance Plans
- Relocatable Building Program
- Annual Contracts
- Essential Safety Measures.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- consider a strategic approach to condition-based and routine maintenance
- create environmentally friendly and sustainable practices
- comply with initiative conditions and requirements.