FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn how to improve your use of research evidence in teaching and leadership practice with the Monash Q Project.
Develop your knowledge, skills and confidence in applying research evidence as part of school-based practice and improvement.
This pilot program is collaboratively designed by the Monash Centre for Professional Development and Monash Online Education with contributions from education stakeholders across Australia.
This program aligns with Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and meets the requirement for elective professional development.
Suitable for principals, assistant principals, teacher leaders, teachers, system leaders and educational support staff in Victorian primary, secondary and specialist schools.
While we recommend that applicants form school groups, ideally consisting of at least 2 school leaders and a teacher, individual applications will be considered. Individuals will be able to form groups based on classroom and school improvement priorities.
Developed the by Monash Q Project team and project partners / invited experts, this program is facilitated by the project’s professional learning lead, Genevieve Hall.
Over 10 weeks (approximately 20 hours) you will engage in and contribute to:
- a series of facilitator-guided webinars (5 hours)
- practice-focused self-guided learning modules (8 hours)
- school-based projects with dedicated coaching involving up to 3 scheduled meetings (5 hours)
- evaluation activities embedded within the program, including additional pre-program and post-program evaluation (2 hours).
For more information about this program please visit the Monash Q Project website.
You will gain knowledge and skills in:
- identifying and evaluating different types of research evidence
- using and implementing research evidence in practice
- critically reflecting on personal and organisational beliefs and practices around research
- accessing quality research from multiple sources and critically appraising its rigour
- discussing, sharing and adapting research with colleagues within and beyond school
- integrating professional expertise with research to improve specific areas of practice
- developing a plan to address a specific school goal involving improving research use
- identifying ways to embed and assess research use as part of evidence-informed practice.
This course is fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school participants.
For more information regarding consent forms please contact email@example.com
Submit your application via the Academy application form linked above. Applicants can apply in school teams or individually.