Enhance your teaching practice by developing your understanding of the science behind human learning.
Science of Learning: Principles, Numeracy and Literacy will enhance your teaching practice by developing your understanding of the science behind human learning and the connection to numeracy and literacy development.
It will introduce key principles from the Science of Learning literature with an explicit focus on student development.
Designed for teachers and teacher leaders in primary, secondary and specialist schools.
Designed and delivered by Jared Cooney Horvath PhD, Med, an internationally recognised author and practitioner in the field of educational neuroscience.
Over 4 weeks you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- webinars (three, 2-hour sessions – 6 hours total)
- structured post-webinar reflection activity (approximately 1.5 hours in total).
You will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- the principles of human learning and how to adapt these principles to improve teaching and learning practices
- the stages underlying both numeracy and literacy development
- the steps of the human learning trajectory
- the research behind how to guide students from surface to deep learning.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.
- Expression of interest