Gain knowledge and expertise to drive practice improvements in the classroom.
Responsive Teaching in Numeracy and Literacy equips classroom teachers and leaders with the knowledge and expertise to drive practice improvements.
The learning is based on explicit and responsive instruction and is underpinned by current thinking on effective professional learning for teachers.
You will build confidence in leading and modelling effective teaching strategies, scaffolding and differentiating numeracy and literacy learning and meeting the needs of diverse learners.
Designed for teachers and teacher leaders with an interest in classroom and school wide literacy and numeracy improvement.
While you can attend this webinar independently, we encourage you to attend with your school colleagues to consolidate and implement learnings.
Designed and delivered by Bronwyn Ryrie Jones, a lecturer at the University of Melbourne, practising instructional coach, and professional learning designer.
Bronwyn holds a Bachelor and Master of Education (University of Melbourne), specialising in pedagogy and assessment.
Over 2 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- pre-webinar readings to be completed as an individual or team (approximately 2 hours total)
- webinars (three, 2-hour sessions – 6-hours total)
- post-webinar activities that include professional reading and personal and/or team reflection questions (optional).
You will develop knowledge and understanding to:
- promote responsive Tier 1 (whole class) instruction
- build your capability to identify and support the fundamentals of quality instruction in literacy and numeracy
- support you to draw on current research to improve learning outcomes for students in literacy and numeracy
- build a shared understanding of the role responsive teaching plays in monitoring student learning in real time.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.