ModeFace to face
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Promote reflective practice and generate learner agency.
Leading Deep Learning explores the practical strategies and leadership practices needed to engage today’s students in a changing world.
You will leave with a better understanding of the complex changes impacting learning in your school context and the world.
The workshop is purposefully designed to be interactive and practical and will model deep learning principles.
You will have the opportunity to network with peers and build collaborative expertise.
Designed for all Victorian government school and system leaders including assistant principals, principals, and senior education improvement lead.
Joanne Quinn is an international consultant, speaker and author on learning, leadership, and system change.
As co-founder and Global Director of New Pedagogies for Deep Learning, she leads a global innovation partnership focused on transforming learning. The partnership supports educators in over 20 countries to activate student-centred, real-world learning by fostering 6 global competencies.
You will engage in and contribute to:
- a face-to-face workshop (6 hours)
- a post-workshop webinar (2 hours)
- self-directed learning.
The learning experiences will include simulations, opportunities for reflection, and tools for a practical application allowing you to examine your own practice within your role context.
You will build capacity to:
- support schools and systems to reimagine how to unleash student potential by developing the global competencies
- foster the redesign of authentic learning experiences and assessments while addressing wellbeing and equity
- create the conditions that foster deep learning for students and adults.