Explore what matters most in learning, teaching and leading.
Collaborating with Data focuses on building teacher and leader capacity to increase student achievement and growth in an ongoing, sustainable way.
Developed by Lyn Sharratt, this webinar series is based on the book CLARITY: What matters MOST in Learning, Teaching and Leading. It engages learners, teachers and leaders in reflection and data-wise decision-making.
Participants will work through the Clarity text while learning to put “faces” on data and take action.
Designed for Victorian government school principals, assistant principals, middle and program leaders.
Designed and delivered by Lyn Sharratt, a fellow of the University of Melbourne, an advisor for International School Leadership with the Ontario Principals’ Council and a leading international education consultant.
Over 2 months you will participate in and contribute to:
- 3 online workshops (9 hours)
- Pre and post-workshop reading and activities (6 hours)
Workshops are delivered in 3-hour sessions that explore key elements of the Clarity methodology and tools.
Session 1: Why do we put faces on our data?
This session explains why finding a simple data set as the starting point for analysis is essential, along with the requirements for knowing every face and how to adapt teaching for individual needs.
Session 2: How do we put faces on our data?
This session explores how leaders and teachers can get a clear view of where their students are in terms of achievement and learning growth at any given point in time. You’ll also learn practical strategies for putting faces on the data through co-constructing Data Walls.
Session 3 : What leadership skills does it take to lead ‘The Clarity Work’?
This session explores leadership, differentiated instruction and the key abilities that system and school leaders must exhibit in their day-to-day interactions with school teams and teachers.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- how this can translate into generating actionable commitments for individuals and teams
- the work of Clarity through Communities of Practice
- how leaders and teachers can get a clear picture of student achievement and learning growth at any given point in time through co-constructing Data Walls
- how to embed the Assessment Waterfall Chart in your school through several Clarity tools will be explored in this session.
- how to embed the Assessment Waterfall Chart in your school through several Clarity tools.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government school participants.