Use coaching methodologies to support you to develop your professional skills.
Coaching with Confidence will equip you to be a workplace instructional coach, support internal professional skill building in real time, and reduce dependencies on external coaching and training services.
This course is designed to develop your ability to coach others in one-on-one sessions and guide best practice in teaching and leadership, learning and operational activities.
It will assist you to support others to perform at expected levels and achieve improved productivity, and build capability and capacity to support school improvement initiatives.
Designed for Victorian government school principals, assistant principals and others in formal leadership roles including leading teachers and learning specialists.
If you are from a non-government school and are interested in participating, refer to our expression of interest process.
Designed and delivered by Cognition Education, a global provider of leading consultancy services, with a focus on improving education outcomes for all learners.
This course is delivered over 3 months and comprises:
- online workshops (12 hours)
- one-on-one coaching (2 hours)
- self-directed learning (approximately 12 hours)
- post-course activities.
Workshops are delivered over three 4-hour sessions.
You will explore:
- the purpose and nature of coaching
- yarning circles and their value for coaching
- models to support coaching practice (the coaching framework)
- how to support a coaching culture in your school
- how to recognise and address coaching challenges and overcome objections.
Coaching is personalised to your needs and context and will support you to apply your learning back in your school.
Self-directed learning activities in your own time (approximately 12 hours) include:
- video content
- coaching practice
Using the coaching model, you will plan, deliver and evaluate the success of coaching in your workplace.
Workplace implementation is supported by one-on-one coaching from a highly experienced and skilled coach, available for up to 3 months after the last workshop.
You will also have access to a range of contemporary, curated resources and tools in the Coaching Toolbox.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of how to:
- review your school and system context to create a coaching implementation strategy
- develop coaching methodology
- build adaptive coaching capability
- grow leadership capacity and performance.
You’ll develop the skills to use coaching methodologies to support others to improve teaching and leadership practices within your school.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education for Victorian government schools.